Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use another person’s credit card if I have their permission?
- No, at the time of rental, the renter is required to present a valid driver’s license and credit card with his / her name on it.
Will my credit card be charged when I make the reservation?
- No, your credit card will not be charged when you make a reservation. You may cancel your reservation up to 24 hours prior to your pick-up time without penalty.
What credit cards do you accept?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. At this time we cannot accept any pre-paid credit cards. At the conclusion of the rental, we accept debit cards or cash as payment.
Does Budget have AIR MILES?
- Yes, Budget is a proud partner in the AIR MILES redemption program. AIR MILES Collectors can earn 1 reward mile for every $15 spent on car and truck rentals, to a maximum of 100 base reward miles per rental.
Earnings terms and conditions:
- Reward miles are awarded on net time and kilometer/mileage charges only. Reward miles will not be awarded on taxes, surcharges, optional items (such as LDW) and refueling.
- Select corporate account rentals do not qualify for reward miles.
- AIR MILES Collector Card must be presented at time of rental.
- All consecutive rental days in a given city, including renewal of the contract, are deemed to be one rental.
What is the deposit for a rental?
- For rentals under $200, we will be taking a pre auth for the cost of the rental plus $200. This is taken in the event you extend the rental, get a parking ticket, or forget to fill up with fuel prior to returning. Once the vehicle has been checked in the pre auth drops from our end right away and may take anywhere from 3 to 7 busy days to be released form the credit card company.
- For rentals over $200, we will be taking a pre auth for double the cost of the rental. This is taken in the event you extend the rental, get a parking ticket, or forget to fill up with fuel prior to returning. Once the vehicle has been checked in the pre auth drops from our end right away and may take anywhere from 3 to 7 busy days to be released form the credit card company.
- For rentals over 4 days, we will be collecting the cost of the rental up front and taking a pre auth of the cost as well. This is taken in the event you extend the rental, get a parking ticket, or forget to fill up with fuel prior to returning. Once the vehicle has been checked in the pre auth drops from our end right away and may take anywhere from 3 to 7 busy days to be released form the credit card company.
Can I return my vehicle after hours?
- Yes, all the rental locations will have an overnight drop box. The location staff will review the overnight drop off procedure with you at the time of rental. Please note that you are responsible for all and any damages to vehicles returned after office hours.
How old do you have to be to rent a vehicle?
- The minimum age is 21. At time of rental, an underage surcharge of $25 per day will apply to drivers under the age of 25.
What do I need to rent?
- All renters must present a valid driver’s license and a valid major credit card. At this time we cannot accept pre-paid credit cards.
Can I rent with a learner’s driver license?
- We do not accept a learner’s license. We do not accept a Novice driver’s license at any of our locations.
Can I have another driver drive my rental?
- Yes. As the renter you must present a valid driver’s licence and credit card. You can add up to 2 additional drivers. All additional drivers must be at least 21 years of age and must present a valid driver’s licence. The charge for additional driver is $10.00 per day per driver. Surcharges will apply to underage drivers.
Can I cancel my reservation?
- You can cancel your reservation online as long as you have the last name and reservation number for the reservation.
Is there a delivery service?
- We offer pick up and drop off service at select locations and are able to deliver the vehicle to you.
What is Budget’s fuel Policy?
- The rental rate does not include the cost of fuel. You have 4 options:
- Bring back vehicle with full tank of gas and provide a receipt of the fuel purchased.
- Pre-purchase a full tank of fuel in advance and eliminate the stress and hassle of trying to find a gas station (FPO)
- Pre-purchase fuel based on the kilometers you expect to drive and just bring the vehicle back to us without re-filling the tank (RSO).
- Bring the vehicle back and let Budget refuel for you based on the refueling price stated on the contract.
What are the insurance options?
- All Budget vehicles come with the basic third party liability insurance.
- For your peace of mind, Budget offers optional Loss Damage Waiver (LDW). LDW is not insurance. It is an option that relieves the renter of financial responsibility, subject to a deductible, should the vehicle be damaged or stolen while under a rental agreement.
- At time of rental, the staff will explain the optional coverages available to you.
- Read our Rental Terms for more information.
Does Budget have trailers?
- No. At this time we do not carry any trailers.
Do your trucks allow for towing?
- Yes. Crewcabs may be used for towing depending on your need.